We at RL Bishop & Assoc., Inc. specialize in generating renewable energy for Residential, Commercial, Agricultural, and many other applications throughout the Southeast. We help our customers:
• CONSERVE ENERGY by educating our customers on how to use alternative methods of lighting, heating, cooling, and water heating.
• GENERATE RENEWABLE ENERGY by designing, installing, and integrating solar power systems to increase our customer’s energy independence.
• PROVIDE POWER to remote locations by installing off grid systems to rural homes, businesses, and Agricultural requirements to be used for well water pumps, lighting, climate control, refrigeration, livestock feeders, electric fencing, and many more applications.
The leading source of renewable energy is through solar energy (energy from the sun). Solar energy is converted to electricity through PV Modules (PV meaning Photovoltaic) also known as solar panels. Solar energy can allow you to:
• Experience immediate savings on your power bill. Utility rates go up year after year, so does your savings.
• Solar Systems significantly raise property value, better attract potential buyers, and recover 100% of your solar investment during sales in some cases.
• It’s a safe long term investment. Typical R.O.I. is 7 to 10 years and the systems are designed to last 20+ years ensuring your savings will continue long after it’s paid for. In fact, many solar system components are backed with a 25 year warranty.
• Take an advantage of state, federal, and utility incentives.
• Reduces your carbon footprint and help preserve the environment. According to the EPA, “Typical” annual CO2 emissions are 14,920 pounds per household, assuming approximately 957 kWh per month. While in use Solar Systems release no emissions! Solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available.
Because Solar Energy must be designed specific to every application, we offer a free site analysis to individuals and businesses interested in renewable energy. A certified professional technician will visit your property to conduct a site evaluation which consists of:
• Perform a shade analysis
• Inspect electrical service
• Identify locations for system components
• Assess mounting locations (roof or ground conditions)
• Analyze electric bill (12 months)
• Identify clients’ expectations
• A number of variables are considered when designing a PV system. The information obtained in the Site Evaluation will be used to design a specific system for the customer’s energy consumption. Along with providing a financial breakdown and savings with the recommended PV system, we contact local jurisdiction regarding regulations and required permits to install a PV system in your city or county.
Contracts and Permits:
• After agreement on the recommended PV system and prior to installation. A contract between RL Bishop & Associates Inc. and the customer will be drafted. RL Bishop & Associates Inc. will pull all necessary permits in your local jurisdiction prior to construction. We will provide as much information about Federal, State, and local utility tax credits and rebates that may be available to you.
• Upon completion of the contract, the necessary materials order will take place (typically received within 2 weeks) and installation by our NABCEP certified professional installation crews begins.
Take advantage of the solar tax credits that could be available to you to reduce the cost of solar by 30% or more!!
• The Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit – The (ITC) is a 30% total cost, uncapped federal income tax credit to homeowners and businesses for solar equipment placed in service prior to January 1, 2017.
• Utility Incentives – Some local utility companies are offering credits, rebates, and incentives for solar energy in the state of Georgia
• The Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) is a method of depreciation in which a business’ investment in certain tangible property is recovered, for tax purposes, over a specified time frame. Solar energy equipment is eligible for a cost recovery period of 5 years
• Net Metering allows customers who generate their own electricity to feed unused electricity back into the utility grid.
To make a renewable energy request, please click here.
*RL Bishop & Assoc., Inc. is in no way qualified to provide professional consultation regarding tax credits, incentives, and/or funding. Please contact a knowledgeable CPA and/or qualified professional to determine what tax credits, incentives, rebates, and/or funding is available for you.